Provide direction for campus departments in the collection, custody, and reporting of monies, and outline specific cash handling procedures for department use.
All campus departments receiving cash and cash equivalent payments.
- All incoming monies must be acknowledged with a receipt. 钱必须给 Cashier's Office for processing within one business day. 一份由三部分组成的收据 must be included to indicate where the funds should be deposited, the amount, date 还有签名. We recommend including an adding machine tape or cash register tape 与存款.
- 钱绝不能无人看管. This applies to cash registers, desk tops, and cash 抽屉. If an employee leaves his or her work station for any reason, regardless of how briefly, cash must be appropriately secured in a locked place.
- Individuals must keep working cash funds to a minimum at all times. 多余的资金必须 be deposited in the Cashier's Office.
- No money will be received from a student for in-class materials at any time at any location other than the Cashier’s Office.
- Cash received must not be used for making change without a purchase, or for petty 现金的目的. Expenditures or refunds cannot be made from cash receipts.
- Funds must be kept secured until deposited, overnight storage is prohibited; night drop boxes are available at Student Accounts Office and the Police building on the 海边的校园 and in the Administration building at 圣Elijo.
- Under no circumstances should an individual keep cash with their own personal funds, or take funds to one's home for safekeeping.
- Checks of all types received in-person or through the mail, should be restrictively 支持立即….. “For deposit only MiraCosta大学”.
- Departments/student club advisors to whom tickets are issued will be responsible for
the safeguarding of the tickets while in their custody. 在其后三天内
the function the group must submit the money and a reconciliation of total receipts,
total tickets sold and total unsold tickets to the cashier’s office, including the
return of all unused tickets and receipts for deposits collected. 筹集到的资金
must equal the ticket cost times the number of tickets sold or the variance must be
解释. All theatre, music or dance tickets will be sold through student accounts
or box office, persons receiving complimentary tickets voucher must redeem
the voucher for a complimentary ticket.
- Whenever funds are deposited with the Cashier’s Office the department should compare the sums recorded by the cashier with the “revenue to the department in the general 分类帐”. Discrepancies should be reconciled immediately.
Deposits in the drop box must be in a sealed bag or envelope and must contain a receipt with the amount, date, name of event, name, and signature.
“Please make sure money bag drops completely through slot”
Two employees are present during the removal of all night depository contents. 的 log will be signed by both employees.
的 contents of the 圣Elijo box will be delivered to 海滨 Student Accounts via Armored Transport on the next available delivery. 获授权雇员 Campus Police will deliver contents of the box located at the 海滨 Police building to the Student Accounts office the next business day.
Keys to the night depository safe are limited to appropriate personnel; authorized personnel include campus police, police dispatcher and cashiers only.
Receipt of the deposit will be sent to appropriate party.